What you'll do
The main purpose of the role is to provide the technical expertise required to increase sales and shorten sales cycles. You’ll lead the discovery process, conducting business process analysis and gap analysis. You’ll configure the solution and demonstrate this to the prospect with particular emphasis on their return on investment.
You’ll be client facing, self-motivated, flexible and happy to travel to client sites throughout the UK. Full UK driving licence essential.
- To present Demonstrations to both existing and prospective Sage customers in 1 to many scenarios, e.g. seminars, workshops, exhibitions, tradeshows, etc
- Accompany sales people on customer visits to provide specialist needs analysis and solution sales input in 1 to 1 scenarios
- Prepare and present proposed solutions to customers at all levels within the organisation ranging from a technical to a business audience
- Respond to tenders and ITTs
- Assist in the preparation of sales proposals and quotations
- Proactively look to improve our service to customers by being sensitive to their business needs
- Continuously improve product knowledge, researching new and complementary products and suggesting changes to the Datel product portfolio
- Maintain an appropriate awareness of and work effectively within the policies and procedures of Datel
- Use relevant systems and ensure up to date information is centrally held
- To develop high-quality sales support tools (demonstration environments, demonstration guides, etc.) to help Datel present Sage 200 Suite Solutions
- Full understanding of all modules in the Sage 200 suite
- Knowledge of 3rd party add-ons and solutions that integrate with Sage 200
- In depth understanding of the full lifecycle of Sage packages / developed applications, including implementation, support and upgrades
- Understanding of product roadmap and enhancement plans
- Experience with business requirements gathering and business process mapping
- Commercial experience working within the ERP software market sector and in a customer-supplier environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical analysis
- Proven capability in producing high-quality documentation
- Communication and teamwork skills
- Ideally accredited in Sage 200 Financials and Commercials
- High degree of business, product and technical knowledge
- Solid understanding of solution selling and business processes
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, negotiating skills, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation skills – to both prepare and deliver presentations
- Good 'people skills' for building relationships with colleagues and customer representatives at all levels
- Proven ability to pick up new areas of expertise quickly
- Analytical mindset
- Takes responsibility and operates on own initiative
- High degree of personal organisation and responsibility
- Resourceful and flexible
Datel is a forward-thinking, innovative software company that has a reputation for looking after its customers and team members. We've been established for over thirty years and have a strong relationship with UK software author Sage, selling and implementing their solutions for medium and enterprise sized businesses.
Our customers come to us for our exceptional account management, delivery and software support, delivered by the largest team of accredited Sage experts in the UK. Our teams are made up of people who love to work for Datel and stay with the company for many years. We invest in our people through development, training and support and give everyone the opportunity to get to know their colleagues better through company-wide social events, subsidised lunch in our Warrington HQ and regular perks.
Datel employees can expect competitive salaries, a minimum of 25 days holiday which increases with service, cash health care plan, pension scheme and shopping discount and reward scheme.