Sage 200 Connected Users from Sage
Sage has announced this week that they are providing each Sage 200 customer with four free connected user licences for 90 days from 8th April 2020.
If you are on the 2013 product version or later, these licenses will have been applied to your Sage 200 account yesterday. Connected users were introduced in Sage 200 2013 and provide remote read-only access to reporting, relevant business data and contacts. The additional licences will support your employees working from home during this time.
Not sure what Sage 200 remote users provide you with or how to access them? Join our online demo on Thursday 16th April at 10:15 am.
For more information, take a look at Sage’s FAQs below or get in touch with your account manager if you have any further questions.
Register for the online demo:
FAQs from Sage
1. Will everyone benefit from the additional users?
We want to deliver the licences in a way that will not cause disruption to customers’ businesses. The licences will be deployed to all Sage 200 products that are licence managed by our online licensing service. This means that all Sage 200 2013 and above versions, and all variants including Sage 200cloud Standard, Sage 200 Extra Online & Sage 200cloud Professional are included.
2. Will all versions receive the complimentary licences?
The Connected Users feature was introduced in our 2013 product version, so can only be used by customers on this version or later versions. Sage 200 customers on a perpetual licence or using an offline licence will be unable to receive the additional licences.
3. I already have connected users, what does this mean for me?
This change will increase the number of users you currently have.
4. Are there maximum user limits in the product?
For Sage 200cloud Professional and Sage 200 Extra Online, there are no connected user limits. Sage 200cloud Standard & Education variants do have a limit and are referenced in our Fair Use Policy.
5. How do I ensure the change has been made?
The product regularly checks the licence server for changes; however, you may wish to refresh the licence to make the changes immediately. You can use the links below to find out how to perform a licence refresh.
Sage 200 Standard doesn’t perform licence refresh, use the link below to see how to check your licence.
6. Will there be any extensions to the 90 days?
We currently have no plans to extend the 90 days, however, we’ll monitor the situation and provide an update should any changes or extensions occur.
7. Will you notify me when we’re approaching the end of the 90-day period?
Yes, we will notify you the week before.
8. How can connected users support me?
Connected user licences offer access to the Sage 200cloud data remotely via a web browser and include the following functionality:
- Access workspaces/reports
- Enter and submit purchase requisitions
- Enter timesheets*
- Authorise expenses*
- Enter expenses*
- Authorise timesheets*
*requires Project Accounting Module
9. Do you have any information on how to use this functionality?
Full details on the web app are available in our help files...
10. I’m about to go through my annual contract renewal, will this increase my price?
No, these additional users are complimentary and will not impact your renewal.
11. I’m already paying for connected users; can I have a refund / not pay for those licences?
This change doesn’t impact existing licence requirements and are complimentary, so cannot be offset.