David Luke Ltd
Established in 1982, David Luke has gone from strength to strength in providing school wear and scout and guide wear to retailers across the UK. The company is noted for its pioneering approach. It has, for example, developed an ‘eco’ range, with the outer fabric made from 100% recycled plastic bottles, and has a long-standing commitment to fair trade.
From the company’s head office in Ardwick in Greater Manchester, Managing Director Kathryn Shuttleworth explains how a Protex solution from Datel has supported the company’s growth and helped in driving the efficiency of its business processes.
Industry: Clothing & Footwear
Sage solution: Sage 200
Solution benefits for David Luke ltd:
- An easy-to-use online portal through which customers can self-serve at any time
- Tight integration ensures stock information on the portal reflects reality in the warehouse
- Time is released within the business to focus on non-routine queries and issues
- Ability for customer branches to place orders, while head office retains centralised control
- A solution that puts David Luke at the forefront of a competitive market.
"As well as saving time and increasing our internal efficiency, we have virtually eliminated picking errors. It also provides us with a complete audit trail, should a customer subsequently query the type or
number of goods delivered."