Sheldon Clayton Logistics Group
From its base in West Bromwich, at the core of the country’s road network, Sheldon Clayton Logistics Group comprises ten different companies offering a complete suite of logistic services, including pallet storage, UK transport, Irish and Italian groupage services, and freight forwarding. Founded in the mid-1970s, the group has nearly forty years of trading experience.
Though it has its roots in the oil rig construction industry, today the group’s customers include Tata Steel (formerly Corus), the MOD, Hoover Candy Group and Honda UK. The business has 110 employees, including drivers, traffic staff, telesales, administration and finance, and operates 40 vehicles.
Sage solution: Sage 200
Solution benefits for Sheldon Clayton Logistics Group:
- A powerful solution consolidates groupwide business information
- Datel’s consultative, methodical approach ensured ‘business as usual’ throughout the implementation
- Economies of scale achieved by integrating processes across the different companies
- Management information improves
business control and maximises utilisation of resources
- Hardware support from Datel partner OGL Computer Services.
“We always feel our IT is in safe hands with Datel and OGL, and going in the right direction to support the business in a challenging operating environment. Both partners listen to what we want and get it right!“