From small beginnings at Runcorn Docks in Cheshire in the late 1990s, Supply UK has become a significant player in the tool hire industry, with a head office in Manchester and a depot network of over twenty locations. The company is able to provide its construction and civil engineering customers throughout the U.K. with equipment ranging from a cordless drill to a dumper truck.
Today, turnover is in the region of £11 million and the business employs over a hundred people. For large construction projects, Supply UK can establish a long-term on-site presence to give contractors convenient access to a trusted supply of hire equipment and consumables. One such project is MediaCityUK, an exciting development for the media industry being created in Salford Quays.
Sage solution: Sage 200
Solution benefits for Supply UK Ltd:
- Greater business control, with improved visibility of any emerging issues within the depot network
- Users can manipulate the data and produce management accounts without specialist IT support
- Greater automation frees time previously consumed by manual operations in administration and accounting
- The software moulds to specific requirements without the overheads of a bespoke solution
- Datel’s support keeps the solution aligned with changing business needs.
“Sage 200 Financials was essential to give us control over our business and visibility of each depot or cost centre. What’s more, we don’t have a huge team of people, so having an up-to-date IT system in place contributes enormously to increased efficiency.”