A long-established family-run business, Taskers plc has expanded into one of the UK’s leading and most innovative independent home stores. Set up nearly sixty years ago with a £10 loan, the company’s turnover now approaches £25 million, with over 250 staff employed in a total of 18 departments.
Taskers has a winning proposition of offering excellent value on a vast range of products. In recent years, it has evolved from selling price-driven DIY products to more upmarket merchandise. Its two huge retail sites in the Merseyside area now stock everything for the home and garden, from furniture for bedrooms, dining-rooms and living-rooms, kitchens and lighting to the latest garden furniture designs and barbecue equipment.
Current solution: Sage 1000
Solution Benefits for Taskers Plc:
- Long-term support from a provider with outstanding Sage credentials
- Efficient resolution of a backlog of issues
- Technical support to implement upgrades
- Datel Fusion products extend the functionality of core Sage applications and enhance productivity
- A strong infrastructure platform on which to build future growth.
“Our goal throughout has been to cut Fusion Automation, we save many hours of work every week, probably the equivalent of a person, by automating a routine of repetitive tasks around managing the movement of stock between its various statuses, as it moves through the business.”